Calm After the Storm

Yesterday was stormy. I was in a bad mood and couldn’t get out of it. Something felt off. I left my office early, went home, and slept for about 5 hours. It helped me so much. Sometimes you just need to listen to your body.

I woke up this morning to storms. Mr T and I, through texts, agreed that the storms were somehow peaceful, calming. Then I stepped out into it and drove to the office, and it felt far less calming to me. I got to the office early for a meeting; it is amazing how productive one can be after resting.

Mom’s best day of the week is now Tuesdays, the day after chemo when she gets her peppy injection (not a technical term from the FDA). Wednesdays are harder because she has the peppy injection hangover. I need to remind her of this sometimes. And all of you – keep in mind that if you call her on a Wednesday, she may be more lethargic or napping more. But, by the end of the week, she’s usually ok again.

I am so excited that I have no plans this weekend except for dinner with friends. I love spending time with Mr T but I need this weekend to recharge from everything. Next weekend we’re going away for Labor Day and I cannot wait!

It’s funny – I’ve been hearing from people I may not have expected to be so supportive during this tough time, and not hearing from others who I would have expected to hear from. To those of you have been reaching out, thank you. It means so much. I may not always get back to you quickly – sometimes it isn’t the right moment for me – or I can’t switch gears.

I’m not ready for advice or other people’s experiences with bariatric surgery. I’m taking it in in small doses right now. Tonight is a group session at Mt Auburn and honestly, it is the last thing I want to do right now. But I have to attend 3 sessions prior to surgery so right now, it is just checking things off the list. So, for those of you who have offered to give me advice or input, I promise I will reach out when I’m ready. So far I think the surgery will be at the end of October or early November, so I’m just busy checking things off the list – doctors’ appointments, lab tests, group sessions, ordering powdered drinks. The only thing that really helps me through this process is my individual therapy, which is not a requirement for the surgery. We have to meet with the behavioral therapist twice – I’ve already met with him once – but he’s not my talk therapist. She is the one who will really be there for me (besides my family & friends, of course). I’m talking professionally.

Well, my salad is done so my brief break is over. Back to work. Ciao for now!




How you doin'?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s